The Brick Award will announce the winners in a digital Brick Award ceremony on September 23, 2020.
Wienerberger initiated the Brick Award for the first time in 2004 in order to put this natural building material into the spotlight, demonstrating how exciting, exceptional and modern architecture using brick can be.
Although Wienerberger is the host of the award, it is an independent award and the use of Wienerberger products is no decisive factor for participation. Over the last years, projects have been submitted from all over the world and nominations as well as winners have been chosen using a wide range of manufacturers and brick types in all colours and shapes. In a dialogue with you, architects and architecture fans as well as critics, we want to further strengthen the public focus on the aesthetic and functional aspects of this great building material.
See all nominated projects of the Brick Award 20.
The Wienerberger Brick Award 2020 comprises of five categories:
- Feeling at home: single-family houses, semi-detached houses and small housing projects of high architectural quality that provide comfortable, healthy & sustainable living spaces.
- Living together: multi-family houses: innovative residential solutions taking into account the trends and challenges of urbanization such as scarcity of space, social challenges, and new living concepts.
- Working together: comfortable, aesthetic and functional commercial buildings, offices and industrial buildings.
- Sharing public spaces: comfortable, aesthetic and functional public buildings for education, culture, healthcare, public places, and infrastructure projects.
- Building outside the box: innovative concepts and ways of using brick, use of new construction technologies, special brickworks, custom-made bricks, and new ornamentation.