CONNECTION_ IMPORT TICINO: “ARCHITECTURE AND TERRITORY”
23th MAY 2013 > COAC, Barcelona.
The _CONNECTION project was born out of the desire to establish a cultural connection between the city of Barcelona and other European cities. A series of architecture exhibitions are the focus of this project, which also offers other events such as conferences and meetings between universities and aims to create synergies between the professional architects involved. Each event, which is called a “connection”, is composed of a first exhibition in Barcelona, followed by a second presentation in the invited country. These architecture exhibitions are entitled “Barcelona_Import” (followed by the name of the invited city or region) and “Barcelona_Export”.
The aim is to create a network of cultural connections between cities as a means of spreading the values of urbanism and architecture. Each new connection will offer a new theme, which will always take into acount the idiosyncrasies and the cultural and architectural background of the invited city or region.
The commissioners will select 20 projects by architects under 50 years of age who represent the contemporary architecture that is being produced in a given territory. The first set of connections will take place in Switzerland and more particularly in the Ticino, a canton with an important architectural and cultural tradition.
Swiss projects presented at the COAC_IMPORT TICINO exhibition:
1. DOUBLE GYMNASIUM CPC. Chiasso. Baserga-Mozzetti
2. CATTANEO HOUSE. Castel San Pietro. Celoria
3. KINDERGARTEN. Stabio. Giraudi-Wettstein
4. TWO FAMILY HOUSE. Rancate. Stocker-Lee
5. CHILDREN SCHOOL. Carona. Volpatohatz
6. HOUSE IN CARABIETTA. Carabietta. Stmoor
7. FIVE HOUSES IN BARBENGO. Barbengo. Meyer-Piattini
8. CAMAR HOUSE. Montagnola. Konz-Molo
9. SINGLE FAMILY HOUSE. Vernate. Gazzaniga
10. APARTMENT HOUSE. Pregassona. Pedrozzi-Diaz
11. BELTRAMINA 19A. Molino Nuovo. Tibiletti
12. NEW CIVIC CENTRE. Vezia. Beier-Cabrini
13. GSC – BLACK HOUSE IN CAGIALLO. Cagiallo. Dariofranchini
14. NEW CONCRETE HOUSE. S.Abbondio. Wespi-Demeuron-Romeo
15. CMB GARAGE, CAMORINO. Bellinzona. Bonetti
16. VOCATIONAL EDUCATION CENTRE. Gordola. Durish-Nolli
17. CATTORI FARM. Giubiasco. Cristiana Guerra
18. PROJECT 1077. Bellinzona. Guidotti
19. TRANSFORMATION OF A BARN. Canevascini-Corecco
20. CÀ JANUS. Ponto Valentino, Valle di Blenio. Buzzi
The second architecture exhibition will be held at the Accademia di Mendrisio in October 2013. The 20 selected studios from Barcelona will show works of collective housing in which the presence of other typological categories creates new and interesting relationships with the surrounding urban space. In the second part of this catalogue these issues are examined by presenting recent works within the urban fabric of the city of Barcelona.
Irma Arribas, Nicola Regusci, Xavier Bustos, Ferran Grau
24 MAGGIO 2013, 17.00h > ROCA BARCELONA GALLERY (Joan Güell 211, Barcelona).
Incontro LA TUA CASA È LA MIA CITTÀ con Roberto Briccola, docente di progettazione all’Accademia di Architettura di Mendrisio dentro de TICINO IMPORT, ARCHITECTURE AND TERRITORY.
24 MAIG 2013, 20.00h-24.00h > AAAB
Incontro / trobada Barcelona + Ticino, el 20 estudis d’arquitectura de l’exposició Ticino_Import es troben amb els 20 estudis de la futura exposició Barcelona_export.